Table of Contents
Information we collect
2.1 Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, and other contact details when you fill out forms on our website.
2.2 Automatically Collected Information: Our website may automatically collect certain information, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, device information, and website usage data through cookies and similar technologies.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize our services to you
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries
- To send you newsletters and updates about our foundation and events
- To analyze website traffic and improve our website’s performance
- To comply with legal obligations
Information sharing and disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing our services. These data processors are bound by strict confidentiality and data protection agreements. The categories of information shared with each data processor are as follows:
- Website hosting and maintenance service provider: Personal information provided through forms on our website.
- Email marketing service provider: Contact information for newsletter subscription and communication purposes.
- Analytics service provider (Google Analytics): Automatically collected information through cookies and similar technologies.
- Active Campaign: We collect personal information provided on our event registration forms for administrative purposes. A checkbox disclaimer is also provided for newsletter and communications subscription, this way we can communicate with you and send you event related information and news about the program you are in (AP Cares, AP Health and AP Works).
Ad cookie compliance rules
We understand the importance of ad cookie compliance and the need for user consent and opt-out options. Therefore, we provide the following information regarding ad cookies:
- We may use ad cookies to track your interactions with our ads and measure their effectiveness.
- You have the option to manage your cookie preferences and opt-out of ad cookies by adjusting your browser settings or utilizing the cookie consent management tool available on our website.
Please note that disabling ad cookies may impact your experience with our targeted advertisements.
- Personal information provided for event registration: Retained until the event date.
- Contact information for newsletter subscription: Retained until you unsubscribe from our newsletter or request deletion of your information.
- Automatically collected information through cookies and similar technologies: Retained for 365 days from the date of collection.
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those websites before providing any personal information.
The privacy and safety of children are of utmost importance to us. As such, we want to assure parents and guardians that we only collect information through our event registration forms for the specific children’s programs we offer, such as the Par Derian After School Program. The information collected in these forms is limited to what is necessary for administrative purposes, and it is done so with the explicit consent of the child’s legal parent or guardian.
The personal information we may collect includes the child’s name, age, contact details (such as phone number or email address of the parent or guardian), and any relevant medical information that is required for the child’s safety during the program. We do not seek to obtain or retain any unnecessary sensitive data from children.
The information gathered during the registration process is solely used to ensure the smooth organization and operation of the events and to communicate essential details to parents or guardians about the program. We do not use this information for any other purposes, such as marketing or third-party sharing.
It is essential for parents or legal guardians to provide accurate and up-to-date information during the registration process. If at any time a parent or guardian wishes to review, modify, or delete the information we have collected about their child, they can contact us directly, and we will be more than happy to assist.
We maintain strict security measures and comply with all applicable data protection laws to safeguard the collected information. Our staff and partners who have access to this data are trained in handling personal information responsibly and are bound by confidentiality agreements.
GDPR compliance for california residents
If you are a resident of California, you have additional rights and protections under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Right to know the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which it is used.
- Right to request access to and deletion of your personal information.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information (if applicable).
- Right to non-discrimination for exercising your privacy rights.
Please refer to our separate California Privacy Rights Notice and GDPR Compliance Notice for more information on how to exercise your rights and the categories of personal information we collect.
1890 Long Beach Blvd, #5 Long Beach, CA 90806